The D300 Food Pantry is a 100% VOLUNTEER-RUN organization. All of our available volunteer shifts and opportunities are managed through our Sign-Up Genius. SIGN UP TODAY!
Part of a group? Sports team? Club? Busines? Church?
We LOVE to host groups who are looking for a unique and meaningful service experience! Contact our Volunteer Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get your group scheduled!
GENERAL VOLUNTEER GUIDELINES & INFORMATION FOR THE D300 FOOD PANTRY:
- Volunteer shifts are available for Tuesday morning, Wednesday evening, Thursday evening, Friday morning, and Saturday morning. SIGN UP HERE
- The pantry is open for clients on Thursday evening and one Saturday per month (usually the last Saturday of the month). Wednesdays are mostly stocking and cleaning while Thursday is actually working with the clients as they come through the pantry to shop. Friday is all about more re-stocking, evaluating inventory, and tidying up from the previous evening's operations.
- Most of the tasks completed by our volunteers require some physical agility including standing, lifting (up to 30 pounds), and walking. If you have any physical limitations, you need to let the TEAM LEADER know as soon as you arrive so they can assign your station appropriately.
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday volunteers must be age 10 years and up. Children under 13 years must be accompanied by an adult.
- Thursday and Saturday volunteers must be age 14 and up.
- Pantry is located inside Carpentersville Middle School (100 Cleveland Ave). Park behind the building and go in DOOR 20.
- Wear comfortable clothing that you do not mind getting dirty and shoes that cover your toes (NO SANDAL OR FLIP-FLOPS, PLEASE!)
- Please keep jewelry and perfume (or anything heavily scented) to a bare minimum.
- When you arrive, report to the volunteer sign-in area (inside the door & to the right).
- If you would like to sign-up a group of 4 or more to volunteer during a shift, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator to assist you with that. email@example.com
THANK YOU FOR INTEREST IN VOLUNTEERING AT THE D300 FOOD PANTRY!
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU SOON!