The D300 Food Pantry is a 100% VOLUNTEER-RUN organization. All of our available volunteer shifts and opportunities are managed through our Sign-Up Genius. SIGN UP TODAY!
Part of a group? Sports team? Club? Business? Church?
We LOVE to host groups who are looking for a unique and meaningful service experience! Contact our Volunteer Coordinator (email@example.com) to get your group scheduled!
COVID-19 VOLUNTEER GUIDELINES & GENERAL VOLUNTEER INFORMATION:
- The D300 Food Pantry is located at 100 Cleveland Avenue in Carpentersville. We are inside Carpentersville Middle School, but have our own entrance at DOOR 20 (back of school).
- ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST BE 13 YEARS OLD OR OLDER. Please do not sign up if you are under age 13 OR please do not sign up anyone else that is under 13. We are sorry, but at this time we can make NO EXCEPTION to this policy.
- DO NOT, under any circumstances, come to volunteer if you are experiencing any symptoms of being ill (COVID or anything else). Also, do not come to volunteer if anyone in your household is ill.
- DO NOT sign up for a shift if you cannot commit to stay for the entire timeframe.
- Upon arrival for your shift, please head into the Volunteer Area to sign-in. Then, wash your hands. Next, you will locate a Team Leader.
- MASKS ARE REQUIRED TO BE WORN AT ALL TIMES WHILE VOLUNTEERING AT THE PANTRY. We will make absolutely no exceptions to this guideline. Please bring your own mask.
- Social distancing will be adhered to as much as possible, but please know that the pantry is small and this will often be difficult.
- Appropriate clothing should be worn for your volunteer shift - closed-toe shoes (sneakers preferred), limited jewelry, NO perfume/cologne, and applicable outerwear for the weather as you may be working outside.
- PLEASE only bring your keys and a phone into the pantry with you. Keep these items on your person and put away during your shift.
- Wash your hands and/or sanitize as often as you would like during your shift. Also, take water and bathroom breaks as needed.
- If you have any special physical limitations, please let the Team Leader know ASAP.
- If you plan to volunteer regularly, speak with a Team Leader and let them know. After you have come several times, we are more than happy to supply you with a D300 Food Pantry t-shirt!
- We, as an organization, have the utmost respect for our client's privacy. It may be an embarrassing and uncomfortable situation for them. This is why it is very important that you remember who you see visiting the food pantry during your shift is CONFIDENTIAL and should not be shared with anyone.
- We depend heavily on each and every volunteer for each shift.Please be on time! AND, IF YOU CANNOT MAKE THE SHIFT YOU SIGNED UP FOR, PLEASE REMOVE YOUR NAME FROM THE SIGN-UP. If you are canceling less than 72 hours before your shift, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Anna Jones -- firstname.lastname@example.org.
WE NEED DRIVERS!
We are in need of multiple drivers to support our routes to various retail locations. Drivers will utilize our vehicle to pick-up food donations and deliver them back to the pantry. Drivers must be 21 years of age or older and possess a valid IL Driver’s License. This role can be quite physical, so requires the ability to lift 50 pounds. Our community partners have a set schedule, so our drivers can too!
THANK YOU FOR INTEREST IN VOLUNTEERING AT THE D300 FOOD PANTRY!
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU!