PLEASE NOTE: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our operations and volunteer opportunities have been modified.
Like most of the world right now, we look forward to returning to normal! Please stay tuned to our website and Facebook page for updates!
The D300 Food Pantry is a 100% VOLUNTEER-RUN organization. All of our available volunteer shifts and opportunities are managed through our Sign-Up Genius. SIGN UP TODAY!
Part of a group? Sports team? Club? Business? Church?
We LOVE to host groups who are looking for a unique and meaningful service experience! Contact our Volunteer Coordinator (email@example.com) to get your group scheduled!
COVID-19 VOLUNTEER GUIDELINES!
WELCOME BACK, VOLUNTEERS! Please read through the important notes below:
- ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST BE 18 YEARS OLD OR OLDER. Please do not sign up if you are under age 18 OR please do not sign up anyone that is under 18.
- Upon arrival, please head into the Volunteer Area to sign-on. Then, wash your hands and find a Leadership Team member to check-in with.
- MASKS ARE REQUIRED TO BE WORN AT ALL TIMES WHILE VOLUTEERING AT THE PANTRY. We will make absolutely no exceptions to this guideline. Please bring your own mask.
- Gloves are optional.
- You will be asked to sign a COVID-19 waiver declaring that you are symptom-free and have not been exposed to COVID in the last 14 days.
- Appropriate clothing should be worn for your volunteer shift - closed toe shoes (sneakers preferred), limited jewelry, NO perfume/cologne, and applicable outerwear for the weather as you may be working outside,
- Please only bring your keys and a phone into the pantry with you. Keep these items on your person and put away during your shift.
- Wash your hands and/or sanitize as often as you would like during your shift, Also take water and bathroom breaks as needed.
- When possible, maintain a 6 foot distnace between you and all others.
- We are running with a very lean volunteer base. IF YOU CANNOT MAKE THE SHIFT YOU SIGNED UP FOR, PLEASE REMOVE YOUR NAME FROM THE SIGN-UP AND/OR E-MAIL OR CALL US: firstname.lastname@example.org --- 847-783-7030
WE NEED DRIVERS!
We are in need of multiple drivers to support our routes to various retail locations. Drivers will utilize our vehicle to pick-up food donations and deliver them back to the pantry. Drivers must be 21 years of age or older and possess a valid IL Driver’s License. This role can be quite physical, so requires the ability to lift 50 pounds. Our community partners have a set schedule, so our drivers can too!
THANK YOU FOR INTEREST IN VOLUNTEERING AT THE D300 FOOD PANTRY!
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU SOON!